Torrevieja begins the year with 87,901 registered inhabitants, 49,807 of Spanish origin and 38,094 from abroad

Citizens of the United Kingdom (5,236) continue to be the foreign residents with the greatest presence in the municipal census, followed by Russians (4,484) and Ukrainians (3,203), who considerably increase their presence in Torrevieja, which has citizens from 123 countries
According to the statistical data on population and evolution of the Municipal Register of the City Council, the city of Torrevieja has started the year 2022 with a total of 87,901 registered inhabitants, of which 49,807 (56.6%) are of Spanish origin, while the rest , 38,094 (43.4%) come from abroad.

Likewise, the number of registered men amounts to 43,247 (49.2%), while 44,654 (51.8%) are women. With these data, the city of Torrevieja continues to be the third city with the largest number of inhabitants in the province of Alicante and the fifth in the Valencian Community, only behind the three provincial capitals (Valencia, Alicante and Castellón) and Elche. . In total, citizens from up to 123 countries around the world and from the five continents reside in Torrevieja.

From these data provided by the Department of Census and Statistics of the Torrevieja consistory, it can be verified that citizens from the United Kingdom continue to lead foreigners residing in the city (5,236). Likewise, the municipal census reflects for a few years the progressive increase in residents from Russia, which is ranked as the second country with the highest number of registered in the locality (4,484), followed by Ukraine (3,203).

After the two countries of the former USSR, Colombian residents (2,377) are placed for the first time, ahead of the stable and historical Moroccan population, with 2,271 registered, followed by Romanians (1,580), Bulgarians (1,526), Swedes (1,374 ), Belgians (1,206), Germans (1,038), Italians (1,016), Chinese (844), Algerians (720), Norwegians (694), Brazilians (613), Poles (593), Finns (551), Argentines (541 ), French (526), Indians (489), Lithuanians (474), and the Netherlands (404).

In total, Torrevieja has registered residents from 123 countries, among which are citizens of Cuba, India, Switzerland, Hungary, Belarus, Algeria, Senegal, Denmark, Paraguay, Nigeria, Peru, El Salvador, Austria, Bolivia, Pakistan, United States of America, Cape Verde, Mexico, Guinea, Egypt, Nepal, Philippines, Honduras, Israel, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Thailand, Costa Rica, Australia, Japan, South Africa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Jordan, Mauritius, Guatemala, Cyprus , Malta, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Vietnam, Sri-Lanka, Malaysia, Gabon, Gambia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan or Suriname.

In relation to the distribution of the census population in Torrevieja according to age, the number of children and young people under 20 years of age amounts to 15,709. Also, the number of Torrevejenses between 20 and 40 years amounts to 18,779; from 40 to 60 years old there are 26,905 registered; from 60 to 80 years old, a total of 21,375; and from 80 to 100 years, the number of registered is 5,108; while the residents in Torrevieja with 100 years of age or more amounts to 25, of which 8 are men and 17 women.