The Department of Social Welfare of the Torrevieja City Council reports that yesterday, Monday, February 27, the bases and call for housing aid to alleviate situations of special vulnerability were published in the Official Gazette of the Province (BOP). The deadline for the presentation of aid will be open until March 31 and is endowed with a total amount of 88,749 euros, to process the aid that is presented.
These grants are intended to provide housing solutions to people who meet the following requirements:
a) Be registered in the municipality of Torrevieja.
b) Being especially vulnerable people:
- Victims of gender violence
- Victims of trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation
- Victims of sexual violence
- Evicted from their habitual residence
- Asylees, refugees, stateless, under the temporary protection regime or other subsidiary protection statutes.
- Other especially vulnerable people, who hold such consideration according to an assessment issued by the council's primary care social services, in which the personal circumstances that make it advisable to grant aid are attended to and assessed, such as people with mental health problems, functional diversity, young people ex-protected by the Generalitat, elderly people, people, ex-inmates, asylum seekers, vulnerable migrants and other similar situations.
-People who have become vulnerable due to having been reduced, within the two years prior to the application for aid, the net income of the whole cohabitation unit in a substantial way so that they do not exceed 3 times the IPREM and that the effort for the payment of the rental income exceeds 30% of the net income of that coexistence unit.
c) The rented home or property that is the object of the aid must be the habitual residence of the person receiving the aid.
d) In the event of a lease, the lessee or any of those who have their habitual residence in the leased property must not be related in the first or second degree of consanguinity or affinity with the person who is the lessor of the property. , except in exceptional situations justified by the social services. Neither can the lessee be or participate in the natural or legal person acting as lessor.
e) Those people or cohabitation units that have a home owned or under a usufruct regime, which they can occupy after accreditation of the status of victim of gender violence or eviction from their habitual residence or the consideration may not be beneficiaries. especially vulnerable and whose occupation is compatible with said situations.