The history of the Church of the Immaculate Conception is marked by the development and history of Torrevieja. The one that we contemplate today, neoclassical, is from 1880 and stands on a site in which previous temples were already present, of which nothing is preserved. The growth of the old village of Torre Vigía (Torrevieja) forced the bishopric to build a temple, since the fishermen who lived in it had to go to a private farm to hear mass. Thus stood, in 1789, a church, facing the sea, in the current Plaza de la Constitución. Years later, the 1829 earthquake that destroyed almost the entire municipality, also made a dent in the temple. Its reconstruction began in 1844, finishing in its entirety in 1880, and the towers in 1907.
These two towers, with bell towers, frame the brick body of the parish. On the main façade, which is accessed by a small staircase, the statue of a Christ rises above the access door framed in an arch, with openings on both sides. The spacious white interior is covered with barrel vaults. On the main altar is the image of the Immaculate Conception, the patron saint of Torrevieja.
Weekdays: 10:00 19:30. Holiday eve: 19:30. Holidays: 09:00 11:00 12:00 19:30